The sports guests at Hotel Apolo always have a pleasant and personalized stay according to their needs.
800 meters from the Sports Complex, athletes can relax, enjoy massage services, the swimming pool and the natural solarium, have a barbecue by the pool, view the performances, rent bikes and book excursions, enjoying a first class service .
At the Hotel Apolo the sports teams can benefit from various buffet meals, with schedules to be agreed according to the training time of each modality, prepared by experienced cooks with fresh products, being considered all the nutrients necessary for a good practice sport
The Sports Complex
The Vila Real de Santo António Sports Complex is a reference in terms of training camps for teams and athletes of various sports. Currently, the Sports Complex is one of the most accredited at national and European level.
This area also benefits from exceptional conditions, as the Sports Complex is located in a natural environment where the air quality is excellent, which guarantees a unique microclimate in Southern Europe, suitable for improving the performance of athletes.
The proximity to a forest spot and blue flag beaches make this tourist area of excellence even more attractive for training in the Sports Complex. Between the Hotel Apolo and the sports facilities, athletes can walk or bike. In the hotel the athletes are guaranteed a stay with full board, safe and quality services.
Several professional teams from all over Europe as well as several national teams have Hotel Apolo as a base to prepare their athletes.
The Vila Real de Santo António Sports Complex has also been certified by the National Center for Olympic Preparation since 2004; Euro 2004 Official Training Center and IAAF Accredited Training Center, since 2002.
Services and Equipment
- 1 Grass field (104×67 meters)
- 2 Synthetic floor gymnasiums (40×15 meters)
- Athletics track: 8 lanes of 400 meters, 2 sectors for Jump in Height, 2 sectors for Jump with Stick, 4 sectors for Jump in Length and Triple Jump, 2 sectors for Dart Launch, 1 sector for Weight Release , 1 sector for Disc and Hammer Launch, Ditch for Obstacle Racing
- Medical office
- Press Room
- International Medical Center (specializing in physical rehabilitation)
Infrastructure complementary to the Municipal Stadium
- 2 Football fields (100×56 meters each)
- 1 Football field in synthetic grass (126×70 meters)
- 1 Sector for Disc and Hammer Launch
- 3 Sectors for Dart Throw
- 5 Sectors for Weight Release
- 2,300-meter cross track
- Field of Archery (100x60metros)
- 4 tracks of 80 meters
- High Jump Sector
- Pole Vault Sector
- Sector for Long Jump and Triple Jump
- Weight and Disk Launch Sector
- Dart Throwing Sector
- Training Evaluation and Monitoring Lab
- Bodybuilding Room
- Physiotherapy Room
- Medical Office
- Audiovisual Room
- Meeting Room
- Lounge and Bar
- 1 Synthetic floor fully equipped for Handball, Volleyball, Basketball, Futsal, Judo, Taekwon Do, Bodybuilding, Table Tennis and Badminton.
- 3 Outdoor sports courts that allow you to practice Basketball, Handball, 5-a-side Football and Skate
Vila Real de Santo António Tennis Club
- 9 Tennis courts, 5 of which are on clay and 4 on synthetic floor
- 3 Padel fields, 2 of which in synthetic turf and 1 in synthetic floor
- 2 Synthetic Floor Mini-Tennis Fields Natural Conditions
- Pine forest with rails (12,500 meters)
- Beach with extensive sand (20 kilometers)